Monday, May 22, 2006

Dream 1: Vishnu

My affection with Lord Vishnu grew many-fold when I saw Him in a dream. Those days I was very depressed with mundane cycle of life and always wondered if I have something special to boast about. I had nothing! But just in a day or two, I saw Shyam Sundar in a beautiful form. He stood in front of me. Tall figure, with four sub-organs or Sudarshan Chakra, Lotus, Kaumodaki Mace, and Pa~nchajanya Shell. He had a beautiful garland of flowers and an exquisite golden yellow silk robe at the waist.

A deer in my backyard shattered the dream. Not to mention, the deer was an unwanted guest, since my backyard was never visited by a deer again.

Perhaps the deer represented the desires (as has been represented again and again in our texts) and Vishnu represents the Poorna-Brahma. The desires take away our attention from the Poorna Brahma.

No comments: